Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful

We learned an important principle this week in the Ward household.  Listing what you are thankful for makes you feel more thankful.  We tried it on this otherwise grumpy week and it worked.  I also learned that we are a little shallow because we both separately listed Ella's cute outfits as something we are thankful for.  Sometimes it's the little things. :)


I saw this idea on my friend Terese's blog last Thanksgiving and tucked it away for this year. 
Thanks, Terese!

We also got in the thankful mood by reading President Thomas S. Monson's talk "The Divine Gift of Gratitude" from General Conference.  I highly recommend it.


7 comments:

  1. my favorite is chris' "cable, especially college football."

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fav: Chris' "A good sense of humor. Not you-me". I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you get the leaves? I'm totally doing this. In fact, I'll be doing this when you're here so you can contribute to the wall of thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing this tomorrow for family night. Thanks for sharing this. I thik it is so funny that even Chris loves how well dressed his daughter is:) I was thinking about last thanksgiving...you will be missed so much this year. Thanks for being such a great example. Loves to EL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read the one about the nurse who knew something wasn't quite right, I am grateful for that nurse too and now I am crying. So grateful for you and that miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so behind in doing ours this year! We have to do it tomorrow for a delayed FHE because Charlie fell asleep too early tonight. I like your pretty leaves. Reading your stuff just makes me want to meet Ella even more. I think my MIL heard my voice crack when I told her that not knowing when you can see your loved ones again starts to take it's toll.

    ReplyDelete