Monday, November 8, 2010

Halloween Happiness

My cousin Linda came to town for Halloween weekend.  I just love her.  That's all there is to it.

We all hopped in the car Friday and drove down to San Diego for the weekend to visit our friends, Nate and Catharine.  They are dear friends and we have had lots of adventures with them over the years.  It was a super fun, delicious (Catharine is an amazing cook), soul-filling weekend.

On Friday night, Chris and I met up with his brother, Spencer and his wife, Amy.  They are the first people in Chris' family I met (13 plus years ago) and I want our family to be just like theirs.  It was Spencer's birthday so we all went out to dinner.  I don't think any of us had laughed that hard in a long time.  The highlight was when a group of waiters was singing "Happy Birthday" to Spencer and mid-way through Chris decided they were not singing loud enough so he burst out into the LOUDEST, opera-style rendition of the song.  The waiters stopped singing and everyone within 25-feet of us stopped talking and stared.  Then they clapped for Chris.  Spencer's shocked face was priceless.



When we got to the Conover's house that night, Chris and Nate were so excited to see each other that they both promptly fell sound asleep on the couch.  Nate would fit in well with the Ward family.


But luckily, they had more time to bond at the beach in Del Mar the next day.  







(this might've been Ella's first smile of the weekend)


Good times were had by all.  Now I just need to convince Linda to move to California...


5 comments:

  1. Linda Marie is so hot. And I'm so jealous you got a whole weekend with her. And if she moves to CA, then I'm coming too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Ella was sick, bummer. Wish I could have been there with Chris singing so loud-totally chris. We miss you guys! We went to Edward's this weekend and we all had a donut in honor of you. There was also a cute sign that said "I love you a bushel and a peck" So cute. I can't get over those beautiful pictures....you guys are so luck to live there...so sad for us though. Hope Ella is feeling better. Andrew is home today with an ear ache...not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We second the motion for Linda to move to Cali! Sammie still talks about how "Aunt Linda" did her hair for Clint & Kinsey's reception.

    I still laugh when I think about Chris singing happy birthday. I haven't seen Spencer laugh that hard in a long time. Thanks for making that day so fun for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you all three (plus ella) look hot in the beachy pic! what a fun reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All we have to do is find a financier to get me down there... what do you think the REAL reasons are that I am doing online dating!?!

    ReplyDelete