Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday, Ella!

Ella turned ONE this month. It's amazing how quickly a year can go by.  I have done very little this past year besides soak her in. My usual checklist self has checked out.   I wonder how many hours I have spent just holding her or watching her explore our apartment and her little world.  I wonder how many times Chris and I have stood over her crib and watched her sleep in amazement and gratitude at her existence.  I would not trade those moments for anything.  It is a year well-spent.


Ella was a fan of her Bennison's Bakery cupcake

Ella also a fan of her buddy Davis



Ladies who Lunch

6 comments:

  1. It is a good life to be a lady who lunches and plays with her daughter. I'm so excited to now be a part of the club, even if on the other side of the country. And happiest of birthdays to my little friend Ella! The photo on the chair with the 1 onesie and tutu is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way!! A year can't have gone by that fast!! I love what you said about spending so much time just watching and admiring her. Isn't it so incredible to have this little you? Looks like you guys have a fun group. Ella's as cute as can be. Love the birthday tutu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So CUTE! Can't wait to see her again! And you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that first picture of her...so darling. Also, i hope she is feeling better. And I hope that someday I will have that many friends to go to lunch with on my birthday:) And the tutu is so cute. I am so glad that you have just soaked her up, because you only have one once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe she is already 1! And such a beauty! Happy Birthday, Ella! Wish we were there to celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWwwww.... She is so cute!! I get to see her soon!! HOORAY!!! Oh yeah, and you too. : )

    ReplyDelete