Friday, October 22, 2010

Manna

So, it turns out it's hard to move to a new place.  Lonely, even.  You'd think I would figure this out after moving all over the country, but it surprises me every time.  So, my dear, dear friend Shima's visit at the beginning of October was like manna from heaven.  We walked all over Santa Monica, ate really great food and talked for hours and hours and hours.  Life just felt a little better after her visit.

2 comments:

  1. Awww . . . . I found it's harder to make close friends when family lives nearby, too. We tend to ditch friends in favor of family. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry moving has been hard. I know you're having fun with family around, but I'm sure the day to day takes some getting used to in a new place. Miss you Heather!

    ReplyDelete