Friday, September 24, 2010

Traveling with an "Under Two"

Yes, traveling with a child under the age of two has its challenges, but today I'd like to focus on their benefits:
1. Cute looks from others in the terminal (we don't get as many of those as we board the plane - in fact, most avoid eye contact - we fly Southwest as a family with unassigned seating)
2. No need to purchase an extra ticket (and if you plan right - i.e. window - empty - aisle, no one in their right mind would sit between Heather and me)
3. Luggage assistance. You can put plenty of things in your stroller. And if you're lucky, you get a skycap in training to assist you gate to gate:

This was shot at LAX as we traveled to SLC for a familiy reunion. Heather and I were not pushing - this is all Ella. It was a riot to hear and see others in the airport witnessing our daughter's strength.

5 comments:

  1. So cute! She IS strong. I love how she is so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ella got mad skillz and mad strength. Is she going to be a bully girl?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faster Ella faster! Only Chris...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHH I can't even believe how much I MISS HER!!! I just want to pick her up and squeeze that cuteness! And who knew she was so strong! Way to go El! Also, I love the skirt and hope that her mom can teach me some sort of fashion sense. we miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Heather and Chris,
    I found your blog from Shima's. So glad to find you happy and beautiful.....just as I expected. Ella is beautiful! I'm excited to stay in touch.

    We moved to New Zealand at the start of this year. We are loving it.
    Here is a link to our blog....http://rustedsun.blogspot.com

    Love,
    Alisa

    ReplyDelete