Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ella One Year Pics

My friend, Sarah Severson, a super talented Chicago/North Shore photographer (www.sarahseversonphotography.com) did a photo shoot of Ella just before we left for California.  These pics look like southern California--but it is Lake Michigan!  Ella was the grumpiest baby on the block for the first half hour, but Sarah had lots of tricks up her sleeve to cheer Ella up.  I just love these pictures because Sarah caught so many of Ella's silly and serious faces.  I am so glad to have captured her at this age (13 months). She is growing up way too fast.

As a sidenote, clearly only someone with one kid would post so many pictures of her child on the family blog.  But it was hard enough just to narrow it down this far.   I especially love the last few pictures.  Thanks for indulging me.  :)

Her favorite snack--raisins!


Love those kissable, pouty lips!






Check out those curls!



Ella's first lollipop



Clearly she's going to like sweets just like her mom



If you meet Ella for the first time, this is how she will stare at you. Undoubtedly, the furrowed brow came from me.  As a two year old child, I told my (kind of scary) great aunt, "You make me mervous."





Not so sure about the sand



She has her eye on the lake






Sarah ran INTO the lake to capture these shots



So excited!



Pure bliss




                                                Thanks again, Sarah.  You really have a gift!

8 comments:

  1. I showed these to Chief and he clapped his hands in approval. "If she's this cute now," he's thinking, "imagine what a babe she'll be when we're freshman at BYU."

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is darling. I miss her! Those pictures are so great. I'm so glad you posted the many faces of Ella. And way to go photographer for jumping right in the water to get those awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Can't wait to go to the beach with her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a doll! those are great pictures! i love her little face and hair, and that dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, your post was so fun. I love these pictures and am so glad we were able to squeeze the session in before you moved. Ella is awesome!! Hopefully you'll visit again when she's a little older so we can do it again :) She was so so fun and a darling little girl. Hope all is well in California!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those really did turn out amazing. I miss Ella - so does Max.

    We are bad parents. Max already ate is first lolly pop. A Tootsie Pop no less.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So darn cute. . . I want to squeeze her cheeks! I was thinking of you this week as school started. . . last year you were my fabulous friend who helped me survive taking my kiddies to the first day of kindergarten and preschool - without you I would have missed out. I sure miss you. Hope you are loving California.

    ReplyDelete