Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Western Tour Stop #2: Maui

The next stop on our western tour was Maui.  My parents invited us to go to Hawaii with them and we, of course, obliged.  I guess technically they invited Ella, but we were part of the package deal.  The trip was amazing.  The weather was perfect (mid-80's).  We snorkeled most days in the cove right outside of our hotel.  We saw lots of sea turtles, colorful fish, an eel, and 2 stingrays (scary!).  We ate great food, played at the beach, and just generally relaxed.  But the best part hands down was seeing how much my parents love Ella.  I could tell they savored every minute with her.  Here are a few highlights...

Rare pictures of Ella smiling.  How did I get such a serious kid?  Ha, ha.

Overlooking Honokeana Cove--I think I could live on that balcony.

Ella and Chris at Napili Kai

Ella very interested in her tongue

Beach at Whaler's Village

Chris' dream for the past 8 years has been for my dad to teach him how to surf.  His dream finally came true in Maui.

After watching Chris and my dad surfing, I said to my mom, "I think I remember how to do that."  So, I caught a few waves as well.  Chris was very impressed.

My cute parents at Cheeseburgers in Paradise in Lahaina.  Yummy!

Life is good.

More evidence that Ella is beloved.  
I think memories of this trip will get me through winter.

3 comments:

  1. awww I miss her. She looks so happy in all that warm weather. She's a Pabst. We don't do cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Ella has grown so much. She and your dad are cute together. Your parents look great. So do you guys!. Fun to see pics of your trip! I agree with how to deal with this cold. Get out of town in the middle of winter is totally a good rule of thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pictures!!! I miss Hawaii.
    Love your header picture. Beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete