Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Perfect Weekend

My BFF/Cousin came to town this weekend and it was pure bliss.  I know people throw around words like bliss on blogs and Facebook--but this was the real deal.  Linda Marie and I are first cousins, but we never really spoke until we were seniors in high school and she came to visit our grandma (who had just moved in with my family).  It turned out we had a lot in common and are just two weeks apart in age.  But the real clincher was when my Mom overhead our Grandma Aggie praying that the two of us would be best friends at BYU (where we were both headed in the Fall).  That woman had a lot of personality and a lot of faith.  Her prayer was answered, and here we are almost a decade and a half later.  
Even though Linda lives in Salt Lake City, we manage to see each other a lot.  But this weekend was just perfect timing.  Maybe Grandma Aggie is doing some finagling from the other side?  My little family has had a rough couple of months, and I just didn't know how much I needed my BFC until she walked in the door and we sat on my bed talking for hours.  To be around someone who just knows your whole story and "gets" you is incredibly healing.  Linda is also kind and loyal and non-judgmental and just good to the core.   It also helps that Chris is a big fan of Linda.  We went to the Santa Monica Pier and rode all the rides, went to brunch at a great place at the beach, got pedicures and manicures, watched fireworks and talked and talked.  Truly, a perfect, blissful weekend.




And an oldie but goodie--this is 10 years ago and Linda loved to squeeze
in between us on the couch (we really did think that green couch was pretty hip).
 BFC's forever.  



8 comments:

  1. How fun! I love that you had such a fantastic time! I'm so glad I got to meet her at last! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous I can hardly stand it. Linda Marie+ The Wards + CA = Heaven. So glad you got to have some much-deserved BFC time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the picture on the ride with chris' face right in front!

    and i think i have that exact same green couch picture of you guys! gotta love the green couch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey you - sorry it's been a rough couple of months for your family. but glad you had such a blissful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I didn't know that story about your grandma praying. How sweet. I'm so glad you guys got to hang out. Sounds very BLISSFUL :). I can't believe that green house photo! I have No pics from our time there. Love it! The curtains are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! It always amazes me how much I didn't know how dearly I need my dear friends and family until we are together and then I realize how much I need them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a BFC too!!! They are the best! I am glad you had such a great weekend, I love you and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete