Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Easter Weekend

For Easter we headed up to June Mountain (in the Sierra Nevada Mountains near Mammoth) with my parents and my sister Adrienne's family, as well as a bunch of my parents' friends that I've known my whole life.  I grew up skiing/snowboarding up there and it was fun to share it with Chris.  It was also great to have a much needed getaway.  This weekend was one of the many times over the past 9 months of living in California that I've thought, "I'm SO glad I'm not missing this..."  I fully appreciate all these get-togethers after missing so many of them over the years.  Thanks Mom and Dad for such a fun weekend!

Ella and Grandpa

Ella was fascinated by the snow--I think she was connecting with her first year of life in Chicago

the Easter basket loot

Ella caught on very quickly to the Easter egg hunt
(the egg hunt is a big deal when my dad is involved)

Then Ella realized there was CANDY ("nummies") inside the eggs.  
She did not move from that spot for 15 minutes while the rest of the Easter egg hunt went on.

Feeding the ducks in Bishop on the way home

Happy girl!

Love that sweet face!

Happy Spring!





4 comments:

  1. Love the outfit with those dainty little shoes!! That is so awesome that you get to be a part of all the fun now. I am working toward that someday! :) Any picture with your dad and ella is so sweet. She has his (and your) eyes and you can tell he is smitten. Love it! P.S. I got my plane ticket to UT for the 23rd and we are going to be staying for almost a month! We still haven't bought the return flight yet. D and I are trying to plan a road trip to CA with all the kids in there too. We are saving our pennies for the gas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ella is killing me! She is geting way too big. She is such a beautiful girl. How fun to be by family. Those pictures of her in the snow are awesome. It's like she is studying it. Cute pics. Happy Easter.

    It really is crazy how much has changed in 1 year. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she's so cute in her little easter get-up as well as her easter snow gear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ella is darling!!! So glad you're enjoying fun stuff like this in California.

    ReplyDelete